JTB focuses on bridal market in Canada
Destination Jamaica will be on show during Canada's upcoming 2015 season of wedding shows. The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) in Canada will participate in 10 consumer bridal shows, exposing nearly 100,000 brides and grooms to information about Jamaica as a choice wedding and honeymoon destination.
Thanks to the diversity of options and rich cultural experiences offered on the island, Jamaica continues to be ranked one of the top places for weddings and honeymoons, having been selected Favourite Honeymoon Destination by Canadian travel agents. The JTB also offers an online concierge service, 'Wendy' who helps couples when planning their dream destination wedding on the island.
"Jamaica's distinct flavours and island vibe ensure that couples have a memorable experience that will last a lifetime," said Paul Pennicook, Jamaica's director of tourism. "Our hotels offer unparalleled wedding planning services and experiences that continue to promote the island's reputation as one of the top places for weddings and honeymoons." He added, "Destination Jamaica ticks all the desired boxes for the discerning bride and groom. Add to that our year-round tropical weather and unmatched sceneries that offer the couples fantastic diversity as they embark on their new journey."
2015 Canadian Bridal Shows
1. Let's Get Married Bridal Show, January 3-4, Montreal, 10,000 consumers
2. Canada's Bridal Show, January 3-5, Toronto, 18,000 consumers
3. The Wedding Fair, January 11-12, Vancouver, 5,000 consumers
4. Bingeman Wedding Trends Bridal Show, January 11 to 12, Kitchener, 8,000 consumers
5. Total Wedding Show, January 16-18, Toronto, 12,000 consumers
6. National Bridal Show, January 23-25, Toronto, 12,000 consumers
7. National Bridal Show, January 24-25, Burlington, 3,000 consumers
8. Perfect Wedding Show, February 8, Mississauga,1,500 consumers
9. Suhaag Wedding Show, TBC February, Toronto, 15,000 consumers
10. Romantic Planet Destination Wedding Show, March 6, Toronto, 400 consumers
In June 2014, Jamaica was voted Favourite Honeymoon Destination for the sixth consecutive year at the Agents' Choice Awards - presented by Canadian Travel Press and Travel Courier publications.